Autumn is an amazing time of the year. After an exciting and busy summer, I welcome the beautiful colors and the calm feeling I have during this time of the year. Now that I live in Southern California, I do miss the change in the color of leaves and the freshness in the air. But I’m determined to try the following things despite the lack of any actual ‘fall.’
- Carve a pumpkin (or a few if I’m good at it!).
- Take a hay-ride at Knott’s Berry (or Scary!) Farm.
- Learn to make two soups to perfection: Carrot Ginger and Classic Tomato.
- Watch a scary movie in a theater (so much more difficult to do than at home where I just press the mute button when I’m scared by the sound).
- Go apple picking in an orchard.
- Make a pie with the the apples I picked.
- Dress in knits and layers even though the temperatures will refuse to go below 65F during the day.
- Visit Temecula for leaf-peeping.
- Learn to make a pumpkin spice latte.
- Start making Christmas presents. It’s never too early, right?